You may not be able to articulate why all the elements blend in perfect harmony, but you know it when you see it. I’m talking about a positive smile. What aspects are we talking about? You may be surprised at how many components our dentist must consider when planning for a smile makeover with Cosmetic Dentistry in Nampa.
Here are a few of the most obvious elements:
- Tooth Color, shade, brightness, and uniformity
- Tooth Alignment: Straight or crooked?
- Tooth Size and proportions: Are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth Spacing: Is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline Margins: How much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other important elements that may be even less familiar to our patients:
- The number of teeth that show when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line to the lip line
- Zenith Points: The highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline Placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial Inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If crucial design principles are not observed, the smile may look “off” and the function of the teeth and jaw could be adversely affected. or example, a smile makeover carried out by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put undue stress on the other restorations.
Do not choose a cosmetic dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are contemplating a smile redesign with cosmetic dentistry in Nampa, call Blaisdell Family Dentistry today to schedule an informative consultation.
Contact Blaisdell Family Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):