Single Tooth Replacement
Do you have a missing tooth that you want replaced?
Are you concerned that because you have a missing tooth, your other teeth might be getting undue wear and tear because you are over-compensating for the missing tooth? Are you ready to have your missing tooth replaced with a permanent tooth replacement solution? If so, we suggest a single tooth replacement with a dental implant at our office near Eagle and Boise ID.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small titanium rod placed in the gap where your missing tooth was. This rod is then inserted into your gums and the jawbone, where it will fuse with the jawbone, creating a “new” tooth root. The healing process for this procedure is between 3-6 months. In the meantime, a temporary dental crown is placed onto the healing dental implant. Once the dental implant is fully healed, a permanent and custom-designed dental crown is placed onto the dental implant rod.
Why is having a dental implant to replace a missing tooth a good tooth replacement option?
- A dental implant is very sturdy. Because it creates a “new” tooth, it is a stable and long-lasting tooth replacement. This tooth replacement will feel just like you’ve grown a new tooth.
- A dental implant looks natural. Other tooth replacement options to replace missing teeth, such a dental bridge, can sometimes look less than natural. We are betting that nobody who sees your smile would ever guess you had a missing tooth replaced with a dental implant. A dental implant is usually completely undetectable.
- A dental implant doesn’t just replace the tooth like a dental bridge does. A dental implant is really a “new” tooth root. The advantage to this is oftentimes when you lose a tooth and its root, the gums recede and this can give you a gaunt look. A dental implant can keep your face looking natural and symmetrical.
Multiple Tooth Replacement
Do you have several missing teeth? Are you embarrassed because these missing teeth are making your smile less than perfect? Did you know that missing teeth can cause your other teeth to get more wear and tear and may even be causing you additional dental problems? You may want to consider multiple tooth replacement in Boise with dental implants, either as individual implants that would replace each tooth, or combined with a dental bridge.
Why are dental implants a great multiple tooth replacement option?
- Dental implants as a multiple tooth replacement can be combined with a dental bridge. For missing teeth in a row, we place dental implants on each side of the gap. These provide stability for the dental bridge. A dental bridge is an apparatus that bridges over the gap in your smile. dental bridge looks just like natural teeth as a dental bridge is color-matched to your teeth. A dental bridge combined with dental implants is an excellent missing tooth replacement as the dental bridge is sturdy, long-lasting, looks natural and functions like natural teeth.
- Dental implants as a multiple tooth replacement option like a dental bridge can also replace each tooth individually with a dental implant. When you have missing teeth, you also have missing tooth roots. When you are missing teeth and their roots, your gums can recede and this recession can make your face look gaunt and haggard and often asymmetrical. With dental implants as a multiple tooth replacement near Eagle and Meridian ID, you are getting tooth roots as well as new teeth in the form of dental crowns that top the dental implants. This means your face can maintain its natural, symmetrical appearance.
Near Meridian or Eagle, ID? Replace Your Missing Teeth in Boise!
If you’re near Boise, Meridian, Nampa, or Eagle ID and you’re ready to replace your missing teeth, give us a call! We can replace your missing teeth with a multiple tooth replacement option or dental bridge that will give you a healthy, long-lasting, beautiful smile!