In a perfect world, each of your teeth would stay healthy, strong, and brilliantly white throughout your life. Unfortunately, most of us will need to restore a tooth at some point. At Blaisdell Family Dentistry in Boise, we can help.
A tooth can be compromised by decay, enamel erosion, a chip or crack, gum disease, or injury. Sometimes old restorations break and need to be replaced or root canals performed decades ago develop an abscess.
Here are seven different options for repairing a damaged tooth:
- Dental Bonding. Bonding is used to fix minor cosmetic problems like small chips, cracks, discoloration, and spaces between teeth. A composite resin is applied and shaped as necessary.
- Porcelain Veneers. Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin shells that are permanently attached to the front of natural teeth. They can cover chips, cracks, and gaps, or the alignment of a tooth.
- Fillings. Modern white fillings are strong and inconspicuous. Patients love them because they blend in so well with natural tooth color. People concerned about the safety of metal fillings often replace those with non-metal white fillings.
- Inlays and Onlays. Inlays are applied to the center of a tooth’s biting surface of a tooth (not to a cusp or point). An onlay restores one or more cusps of a tooth.
- Crowns. A crown replaces the entire visible portion of the tooth, restoring appearance, strength, and function. A crown is often necessary for a tooth that has had a root canal, with severe decay, or as the replacement tooth in a dental bridge.
- Soft Tissue Grafts. Gum recession puts teeth and underlying bone at risk. Soft tissue grafting can cover the exposed root of a tooth to prevent further damage. Gum surgery is also done for cosmetic reasons, such as reshaping a gumline.
- Dental Implants. Implants are titanium posts that are inserted into the jaw. Once they fuse with the bone implants can support one or more artificial teeth.
At Blaisdell Family Dentistry in Boise we offer complete restorative dentistry. People from Eagle, Meridian, and Sun Valley also come to us for cosmetic dentistry, and much more. Please call our office to find out what we can do for your smile!
Contact Blaisdell Family Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):